- A single woman who is starting out as or who will be her child’s sole parent.
- Typically a career woman in her 30’s or 40’s who wants to have a child before it’s too late.
- Some of us go to doctors for donor insemination or adopt in the US or abroad, and others accidentally became pregnant and would be the child’s sole parent — and discovered we were thrilled.
- Single motherhood is ideally for the woman who feels she has much to give a child and who has the emotional and financial resources to support herself and her child.
- We believe that single motherhood is a viable option but we are not an advocacy group.
- We feel the choice to become a parent is a most individual one and is not right for everyone.
Who are our members?
- They are thinking about becoming Single Mothers by Choice, trying to conceive or adopt, or are already moms.
- All types of women belong to SMC and we live all over the US and abroad.
- Our members have all kinds of careers (teachers, lawyers, businesswomen, doctors, engineers, psychologists, botanists, etc.).
- We strongly encourage “Thinkers” and “Tryers” to join SMC as we provide unique and hard-to-find support and information for women going through these particularly stressful and important stages.
Where are our members?
All over! In many major metropolitan areas including, among others, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, DC/Virginia, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Haven, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, Raleigh/Durham, Rochester, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto and many more. And in countries beyond the USA as well.
If you join Single Mothers by Choice, we will send you a list of members and Contact Persons in your area, along with their contact information, so that you can start networking with them. You can also network online in our lively 24/7 discussion Forum.