Full Membership – Order Full Membership
Full Membership is $55 for the first year. You can also get a two-year membership for $95 or a three-year membership for $130. Membership includes:
- A Directory of Members for your area and the name of the local contact person(s) nearest to you. The contact persons can give you meeting information.
- Participation in our private online 24/7 discussion Forum.
- A Resource Packet containing resources for donor insemination and adoption.
- A one-year subscription to our quarterly newsletter.
Your materials and contact information usually will be sent to you via email within a week after you join. There are a limited number of partial scholarships available to those with financial need. Some local chapters may have additional fees.
Please note: membership in SMC is limited to single women who will be or are raising their children alone, at least at the outset. Thinkers, tryers and moms are all welcome!
Newsletter Membership – Order Newsletter Membership
- Newsletter Membership is $35.
- Includes four newsletter issues, the name of the local contact person nearest you, and participation in our private online 24/7 discussion Forum.
- The Newsletter subscription is included in your annual membership, so please do not order this if you have already joined.
All of our members and newsletter subscribers are invited to participate in our lively online discussion Forum where you can get support and information from thousands of other members. After you join SMC, you will be sent instructions via email about how to gain access to this active 24/7 Forum.
- Community is a central gathering place for all of our members where we discuss issues relating to all aspects of our lives as women.
Special-purpose Topics include, among many others:
- Adoption for discussion of the adoption process and parenting an adopted child.
- Thinking for discussion of deciding whether or not to become an SMC.
- TTC for discussion of the process of trying to conceive and pregnancy.
- Pregnancy for discussion of pregnancy.
- Dating for discussion of dating and relationship building as a Single Mother by Choice.
- International for discussion of issues of interest to our members outside of North America.
And there are Age/Grade-related Topics for discussion of practical parenting issues:
- Little Ones for discussion of parenting children from birth to 3 years of age.
- Preschool for discussion of parenting preschoolers (children from 3 through pre-K).
- School Age for discussion of parenting children in grades K-5.
- Middle School for discussion of parenting middle school children, grades 6-8.
- Senior for discussion of parenting children in grades 9 and up.