1. I am my biggest critic and the yardstick I use to measure my progress is not always accurate.
2. I have all the wisdom and knowledge I need already, I just don’t always know how to access it or how to interpret it.
3. I am loved exactly as I am flaws and all!
4. My flaws are just coping skills that are no longer useful and they do not define who I am today.
5. That I am capable of taking care of myself and my children but that I need to take care of myself first.
6. That I can talk about difficult things and the world is not going to come to an end. In fact usually I feel better and the relationship usually heals.
7. That I can trust myself to make good decisions as long as I am not making them out of fear and as long as I am trusting that I am being taken care of.
8. I am a very good listener. It is a quality that not everyone has but one that I do and that I enjoy.
9. That writing is a healing exercise for me. Something happens when I put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard.
10. That I have so much more to learn and that it is the willingness to learn that allows the learning to happen!!
Lara, Clayton and Reese (5 year old twin boys)
To discuss this and other SMC topics, join SMC and take part in our discussions on our lively online 24/7 Forum and at local chapter meetings.