1. I am sick of living my life for myself, i.e. clothes, jewelry, facials, massages etc.
2. I love spending time with my niece and nephew, i.e. playground, zoo, reading books, bathing, feeding etc.
3. I am scared of getting old and being alone.
4. I have so much love to give, but no child to give it to.
5. I want the mother-child bond; I want to feel needed.
6. I hate holidays, get-togethers etc. because I am the only one without a child. I feel weird not having my own family and feel like the perpetual child showing up to family gatherings.
7. I feel isolated from the world at age 32 because I have no children; people my age have children. I am finding it harder and harder to connect with people since I am childless. I am already feeling more connected with others because my mind-set has changed since I am on the road to becoming a mother.
8. I am envious of mothers.
9. I become sad when I think that I would not have children.
10. When I think of having a child I immediately become happy and excited. Scared to death but happy and excited.
11. I am content when I am really busy and have no time to think about the meaning of life.
12. Having a child would make my life rich and meaningful.
13. I now have time, money, patience and feel that I can provide a good life for a child.
14. Volunteer work is not giving me enough satisfaction and I believe having a child would.
15. I want to keep my niece and nephew for myself.
16. I welcome the change of dynamics in my life and have come to realize that there is nothing that I do in my life that I cannot do with a child.
17. I am sick of living in my perfect condo. I want a home with toys, love, chaos and a swing set.
18. I am sick of having no responsibilities!!!!
19. I need structure!!!!
20. I don’t need to see another movie or read another adult book. Lately, I am only interested in children’s books but I need a child to read them to.
I am taking the leap because I don’t want to miss out on all these things and because I don’t want to be a bitter woman 10 years from now!